Test Access Point
Access Point Configuration can be partially tested independently.
- Start hostapd at the command line.
sudo hostapd /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
- Verify that interface is up.
sudo ifconfig wlan0
... # wlan0 ... 192.168.7.1 ... 255.255.255.0 ...
- Verify that access point is up.
sudo iwconfig wlan0
... # wlan0 ... Mode: Master ...
- After ~5min, verify that other hosts
can see new access point among other access points.
- Note that other hosts may be able to associate with new access point,
but they will not receive network settings.
unless provided by other running servers.