Welcome to the Piedmont League of Mad Scientists
The League of Mad Scientists
is a loose federation of professional
and amateur researchers, engineers, and technicians who meet
periodically to have fun, discuss issues, and help each other
If you have expertise to share, need technical help, or
just have an interest in things techie,
then come offer your help, propose a project,
or join in the fun.
- 4th Saturday
Raspberry Pi alarm clock.
The goal is to learn the skills and techniques involved in
displaying low resolution imagery, and reacting to low rate
The first incarnation may be a "lighted badge" for a con,
or an "invisible maze" puzzle, or ???
What would you like to do with a Raspberry Pi?
Until further notice, per
North Carolia Executive Order 141
, meetings will be by
Questions and Answers
Advice, comments, questions, opinions, ...
- Lon Cecil will lead a hands-on 3d printer project
- intro to 3d software: simple geometric design project
- 3d software lab: drafting something useful
- 3d printing: printing something useful
- Dustin Thomas: Raspberry Pi VPN
- Ken Kayser will introduce the Raspberry Pi 4,
latest in the line of single board computers
- Don Edwards will enlighten us on
- The History of the Conelrad/Emergency Broadcasting System.
- Robert Meier ROMs, fastboot, bricks, and Android too!
- Learn the basic concepts of Android cellphone OS installation
- Date to be announced.
What are its principles?
How did the League of Mad scientists
What is its history?
What is it doing today?
Last updated: 2020.06.29
Please report any problems to the webmaster.